- Leaders Who Do NOT Self-Examine Themselves Become Insane January 21, 2021
- It Takes a Village to Raise a Leader August 15, 2015
- The Reason Why Great Sailors ARE Made in Rough Waters May 12, 2014
2012 Book of Blogs
- Check out It’s Your Business Blues for a high impact memorable corporate teambuilding experience with my band Boomerang.
- I am an Associate Partner with KRW International, a global boutique of senior advisors helping executives build high character leadership capacity and capability to more effectively execute strategy and excel in a changing world.
- I am a senior affiliate with Korn Ferry Pivot Leadership Development providing strategic executive leadership development to large domestic and global companies.
There are a couple of interesting stories often used in leadership programs to illustrate how learned behaviour can affect growth and development, and especially one’s capacity to be bold and take risks. One story describes how grasshoppers are allegedly trained. … Read More
Just ask anyone to reflect on the impact of a past or current leader who has had positive impact on them and you won’t get “he ran good meetings“ or “she was always on time.” You will get things like, … Read More
Ever had an experience when you finally come across evidence that confirms, validates and substantiates a belief you hold near and dear, and know in your gut is absolutely right? Well I have just had one. Let me set the … Read More
Let’s face it, people like their own ideas versus others. Don’t you? Furthermore, they are also more committed to implementing their ideas more than those from some external ‘experts’. Beyond that I believe that the best ideas come from within … Read More
A beautiful chime sounded four times, the last one drifting into space and then….profound silence. Then I heard it. “Don’t move”. It cut through the early morning air like a rifle shot in a cave. There were a few more … Read More
A prevailing assumption by many is that the group of senior executives who together inhabit the “top team” of their company or business unit will be more effective in achieving their objectives if they consistently embody the characteristics of a … Read More
For months and even years on end your organization has fervently focused on process re-engineering and continuous improvement. Legions of teams have analyzed and implemented current and future state process maps. You have gone through tons of flip charts paper, … Read More
You have finally made your selection to fill an open executive role. For an external hire you have invested considerable time and effort in a search firm, interviews, assessments, reference checks and offer negotiations. That is now behind you. For … Read More
“What got you here, won’t get you there.” Marshall Goldsmith The hiring and promotion of executives is a continuous process in most organizations. I have use the commonly known term ‘Onboarding’ in the title of this entry, which is … Read More