- Leaders Who Do NOT Self-Examine Themselves Become Insane January 21, 2021
- It Takes a Village to Raise a Leader August 15, 2015
- The Reason Why Great Sailors ARE Made in Rough Waters May 12, 2014
2012 Book of Blogs
- Check out It’s Your Business Blues for a high impact memorable corporate teambuilding experience with my band Boomerang.
- I am an Associate Partner with KRW International, a global boutique of senior advisors helping executives build high character leadership capacity and capability to more effectively execute strategy and excel in a changing world.
- I am a senior affiliate with Korn Ferry Pivot Leadership Development providing strategic executive leadership development to large domestic and global companies.
“You can’t shake hands with a clenched fist” –Mahatma Gandhi Let’s face it – someone living a solitary hermit life somewhere in a remote wilderness is hardly interested in leadership development. Leadership by its nature is always in the context … Read More
“Adversity is the mother of progress.” Mahatma Gandhi Many in my field of executive and organization development glibly throw phrases around in workshops like “Great sailors are made in rough waters” to make the point that leaders develop most through … Read More
“Innovation has nothing to do with how many R&D dollars you have. When Apple came up with Mac, IBM was spending at least a 100 times more on R&D. It’s not about the money. It is about the people you … Read More
How Much Influence Does a Senior Leader and Team Have in Value Creation? You Might Be Surprised! (PART TWO)
“Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them.” – W Clement Stone Over my almost 30 years in management consulting working with CEOs, senior executives … Read More
How Much Influence Does a Senior Leader and Team Have in Value Creation? You Might Be Surprised! (PART ONE)
Just so there is no confusion for any short-term result capitalists who might be reading this, I want to make something clear as you begin loading your verbal guns to take target practice at this blog. High character leaders and … Read More
“Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson I recently heard an interview with Howard Schultz, CEO of Starbucks, about his perspective as the leader of … Read More
“I’m too old for this shit!” (Danny Glover – from Lethal Weapon movie series) While these are the words of Danny Glover playing the role of an aging law enforcement officer in one of the Lethal Weapons movies after he … Read More
“The future ain’t what it used to be.” – Yogi Berra “To make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.” – Carl Sagan It is common for companies to explore, identify and implement best practices they … Read More
I was feeling a little cheeky at an executive leadership workshop I was facilitating on the topic of Leading Without Authority, and wanted to experiment with some insights I had gained from Dr. Daniel Goleman’s book entitled “Social Intelligence” where … Read More
The “born or made” leadership question has been the subject of debate in psychology, management and consulting circles for decades. However, the debate has been largely influenced by conclusions made from inferred observations and personal opinion versus real evidence. Some … Read More